11 Simple and Fun Ways to be Happier Daily
1. Begin your day with a happy memory or thought and then make your bed. You will feel like you have control with something as simple as making your bed in the morning. By night time, happiness abounds when you get to pull down the covers.
2. Continue through the morning with coffee, stretching or envision how your day can unfold without any obstacles. Do not check your phone! Soon, but not yet.
3. Go outside and listen to the birds, smell the grass and just exist. Look into the sky and wonder how small our problems can be when viewed with a wider lens.
4. Movement….just move. I promise, after time it gets easier. Your body is waiting for you to tell it how much energy you need it to give you for your daily activity. If you sit all day, your body responds by giving you just enough energy for you to sit all day. If you exercise or move, you body will up its game and send you more energy. Seriously, a body in motion stays in motion.
5. Focus on one thought or project at a time. You will be so much more efficient when you stop multi-tasking. It doesn’t work.
6. Engage your imagination. Your most important tool, more than your intellect. Ask Einstein, he knows...
“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited, whereas imagination embraces the entire world, stimulating progress, giving birth to evolution."
Let your mind wander to all the possibilities of what can be…use your senses to visualize what you want and... make it just as real as reality. That, good friend is the power of imagination and creation.
7. Spend time on what you enjoy where the time just passes. Cooking, painting, gardening, running, laughing…you pick
8. Don't judge yourself. Acceptance is pretty powerful when it comes you allowing yourself to make mistakes and being okay.. Laughing at your mistakes is very healing and informative. We are only human.
9. Enjoy your family and friends. They truly love and accept you with all your goodness and not so goodness. We must be engaged with others to feel our humanity.
10. Look forward to maintaining patterns of homeostasis. Go to sleep around the same time and wind down before bed. No screens before bed! Try to wake up at the same time and eat around the same time. Your body will thank you and provide you with much support.
11. Sleep well. Your body does all sorts of regenerating and healing tricks when you get in a good 7 or 8 hours of sleep. Lower stress and improve your immune system to enjoy live longer and better.