The most powerful antioxidant in the body, glutathione works as a triple threat to toxins! It neutralizes free radicals, enhances the immune system, and detoxifies the liver. In terms of staying healthy, it is one of the most important molecules in the body.
Glutathione (gloota-thigh-own) is the mother of all antioxidants. Most antioxidants have a short life span, sacrificing itself to wipe out a free radical (Almost every chronic illness known to human kind has been linked to free radical induced tissue damage. Anti-oxidants wipe out free radicals.). Glutathione recharges those antioxidants by bringing spent ones back to life and recharging itself in the process.
Our levels of glutathione change over time due to several reasons:
- Age - Around 45 our levels start to slip as much as 50% below optimal
- Genes - Roughly half of Americans are missing some of the genes necessary to produce enough of the antioxidant
- Illness - Some chronic illness can deplete our levels. As you detoxify, your body uses up more of the glutathione levels.
Most glutathione is made inside the body from three amino acids: glutamic acid, cysteine and glycine. When we are healthy, our body churns out enough to meet our daily needs. However, modern living can deplete them including smoking, stress, processed foods, medications etc.
GET MORE GLUTATHIONE
Help your body make enough of it to keep you healthy by living a healthy lifestyle as we discuss (F.E.S.S up - Food, Exercise, Sleep Stress) Manage these 4 and you should be just fine.
- Eat the right foods to replenish your stock- Garlic, onions, broccoli, spinach, asparagus, undenatured (cold processed) whey protein, avocado, squash, cabbage, eggs, green tea, fish oil.
- Eliminate processed, toxin filled foods.
- Minimize your toxic burden.
Get more healthy lifestyle tips by following us on Facebook.